CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

AM

distance is not for the fearful; its for the bold. Its for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. Its for those who know a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough.
A good friend has asked me before what I look for in a significant other. My answer? An equal. As simple as that. Someone who I can speak my mind to unapologetically about exactly what is on my mind. Someone who has shared the same life experiences with me and attacks everything with the same "just handle your business & do what you gotta do" mentality. Someone who knows what it feels like to work tirelessly for something you are passionate about to get to where you want to be in life, whether it be basketball or sorority life, it's all the same road. Someone who feels as passionately as I do about my family and the bullshit we've been through in the past few years.. and doesn't look at it naively but totally GETS it. Someone who is willing to admit faults and grow with you, without looking back. Ever. Someone who can see you at your absolute worst, at the hospital, in recovery, without confidence, make-up or decent clothing, and still somehow make you feel like the most beautiful woman hes ever laid eyes on. Someone who doesn't look at people because of their pasts but clings to the belief that you just don't give up on people. Someone who tells me to pray & trust in the Lord. Someone who day in and day out pushes you to become a better you. Someone who you TRUST with even your heart, the most fragile thing you own.

He makes every last phone call and extra week he has to be away so worth it.

No comments: