CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Monday, October 13, 2008

Looking Back, Moving Forward

I'm thankful for everyone that I've been blessed to grow with in my life. Even for a brief couple of months or those with disastrous endings, I would never change the life lessons I was able to get out of it all. Whether these significant people choose not to have me in their lives, I've learned to forgive, even in my heart for any of their and my own shortcomings for why things ended the way they should. Because if not now, then when? What if tomorrow is too late to undo your grudge?

It's just a thought, but forgiveness is a powerful thing. Holding grudges and being mad hurts no one but yourself. It cripples your soul from feeling and doing amazing things when you've become preoccupied with the past. I've learned that forgiving yourself from your own past is an even more powerful way to live. Forget about the woulda coulda shouldas, you wouldn't be the person you are today if you hadn't been that person. Today is a new day to make things right. Life is a continous struggle, but when you've finally felt like you've made progress, its the most beautiful thing ever.

I believe that people can change for the better. I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt. I believe that everyone has good in them, you just have to be patient enough to find it. I believe in taking risks on people... I've went against the grain on so many people I've dated and I will never ever ever ever regret it. It most definitely hasn't killed me and has DEFINITELY made me stronger & happier... especially at this very moment in my life.

"Love is about progress, not perfection"

No comments: