CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Rest in Paradise Joe.

Today, I received the worst news I've ever heard. I found out through one of my distant cousins that my cousin took his own life on Monday. I'm completely numb... all I keep doing is thinking of my childhood with him and all those times I was able to see him after he moved away...

He was my childhood sidekick. I have SO many pictures of us playing and hugging as kids. Because we were the same age, we were always together. I remember days on end where we spent the whole day playing with my brother while my mom was at work. He was mischievous, but so lovable. If only we could have stayed close. If only someone knew how bad it was. I have so many if only's...

He was taken from us too soon but I know that he is in a better place. There are too many people suffering in this world, so before you lash out on someone for your own selfish reasons, know that people are all going through their own personal battles. May you Rest in Heaven Joe. You don't have to suffer anymore. We love you so much....

& Lord, may you give his family & mine the strength that we need right now. May you always guide us and keep us under your watchful eye...

1 comment:

cadej said...

hey. its marisse. i dont know if you remember me. i saw your post on facebook and decided to go on your blogspot and just read your post.

my condolences go out to you and your family. i know how much it hurts. a really close friend of mine decided to take her own life last year & i still think about her. & i know it hurts deeply. i know nothing i say will ease the pain, stay strong. because its been a little bit over a year and not a day goes by where i dont think about my friend &the memories we shared since we were little kids.

its like we're in that part in life where we realize what life is about and when one passes away, you were never prepared the emotional outcome. something they dont teach you in high school. take care and stay positive =]


seelistenspeak.tumblr.com/