CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Friday, August 13, 2010

2 things that bother me.


  1. Everyone wants to mention they have gay friends and family and having them is somehow a pass for them to speak about their experience and continue to explain why they can't be married. "I have gay friends and family too..." really should be followed by, "...but I'm not compassionate enough to understand." Point blank. I'd be damned if I was your friend.
  2. Not to mention, this issue being a morality issue as well. I am Catholic also, but I don't sit around preaching my religion on anyone when I'm talking about politics especially when I know for damn sure I am not a model Catholic. But somehow when Prop. 8 comes up, people want to play like they've sat in church every Sunday (and NOT JUST on Christmas and New Years with the prodding of their mother), given their time to the sick and the poor and have not had premarital sex! Give me a break. 
If we want to talk about the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman, let's address the issue of all the cheatin' ass men and women all around the damn world. ESPECIALLY those in power or in a place of influence to our youth. Presidents, politicians, athletes, you name it.

If we want to worry about children being raised in a home with two mothers or two fathers, let's address all the dead beat dads and mothers from heterosexual relationships who leave their children ON THE DAILY. What about the repercussions of that?! Ever think about what it does to your child when you choose to DIVORCE?!

I'm sick of reading, "What is the world coming to...?!" by people who back Prop 8. If Prop. 8 is what  you think is wrong in this world, read the rest of the news paper and open your eyes. There are far greater problems in the world in my opinion.

It's a big world out there. There are different religions, different interpretations (especially of the Bible), different values of all kinds of people that we're going to encounter in our lifetime that you aren't going to have a choice but to RESPECT & be TOLERANT of. Learn how to coexist, adapt, and understand or be incredibly closed off to a world much different from your own. Travel abroad and you'll see all kinds of shit that you may not agree with. I'd be worried for our youth who will lack compassion and understanding for anyone different than them. They'll live a rough life.

No comments: