CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Saturday, January 31, 2009

10% vs. 90%

There is nothing like truly doing things that are fulfilling to you and truly love. It took a lot of sacrificing and soul searching to get to this good place in my life and even through the long nights and endless hours of work, I find myself less and less frustrated but more & more excited and enthusiastic about every new day to begin. In church last week, Father Ivan spoke about zeal & enthusiasm for whatever God brings to our life and I try to remember that when I put myself out there to try new things. I believe that God presents certain opportunities to all of us for us to learn from, to become better people from, to get an experience from, to teach others, etc and whatever places we are put in, we should always try to see the best in everything, because it's all a part of God's plan!

Since my accident, my outlook on life has changed immensely. I try my best to be positive and be understanding about why things happen, where people are coming from, what makes them become the way that they are. Whenever I'm feeling like shit, I try my best to remember when I was in the hospital and in physical therapy and know that there was nothing worse than that feeling, despite what I think is "stressful" or "hard".

I hate to take life for granted and hate to see others do it too. I used to always let things get the best of me and sulk about how difficult things were, but all depends on attitude. Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. We are ALL put in hard places in our lives, but what are you gonna do about it to change your situation? No one has the power to do it but ourselves, no?

Anywaaaay, that's just been on my mind and I had to get it out.

Off to Santa Barbara in 2 hrs, time to grind!

PEACE!

No comments: