CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

DA POETRY LOUNGE

Today was a good day.

Class, gym, meeting new friends and then Da Poetry Lounge on Fairfax for the 11 year anniversary. I haven't been in a minute but I'm so thankful that something urged me to go tonight. Definitely going to make it a weekly thang again. I'm so thankful for Mic for bringing this venue, atmosphere and art into my life 2 years ago (i think?). The energy, the good vibes, the truth... I feed off of it. & my favorite Shihan was in attendance along with an AMAZING poet I fell in love with. Andrea Gibson is the DAMN TRUTH. No poet has EVER hit me like her words did tonight. Watch the videos, stop reading what I write for all I care, but let her words bring truth into your world!






Other than that, while sitting there in a room full of amazingly creative and talented people who bare their souls for people to judge every Tuesday, I felt inspired by their courage. I read this quote somewhere about... Once you've lost everything, you're free to do ANYTHING. And I do. I FEEL FREE & HAPPY. As much as I feel like I'm starting all over, I am redefining who I am and doing everything and anything that makes me uneasy and scared. If you share yourself and let people see the potential in you, you never know what others can offer you and vice versa. We're all striving for something. I realize that more and more nowadays. Do what excites and entices you even if it scares the shit out of you. Just. Do. It.

In the near future I'm hoping to hook up with a photographer I met at the Lounge who offered to shoot me. It's a win win for the both of us. Can't wait! Crazy how the universe aligns itself. He's incredibly incredibly talented & big on realizing your potential.. I can digg that. More on this later.

i'll sleep happy tonight..

No comments: