CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Thursday, May 14, 2009

potential of people

“ I have a history of making decisions very quickly about men. I have always fallen in love fast and without measuring risks. I have a tendency not only to see the best in everyone, but to assume that everyone is emotionally capable of reaching his highest potential. I have fallen in love more times than I care to count with the highest potential of a man, rather than with the man himself, and I have hung on to the relationship for a long time (sometimes far too long) waiting for the man to ascend to his own greatness. Many times in romance I have been a victim of my own optimism. ”

Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman’s Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia) via.




Wow. I've had this exact conversation with myself and my big sis countless times. I have most definitely fallen in love with the POTENTIAL of people and have hung around waiting for that potential to be realized.... Maybe far too long for my own good, true, but I believe that all people are born good people and you just need to realize it or find it in them. The only downfall is that I feel this way about a lot of people, maybe to people who don't even deserve it. I just truly in the honest beings that people are deep down inside. I believe in people's dreams. I believe even more when I am in the honor of witnessing them in their most vulnerable state, raw emotion everywhere, and acting on impulse because thats what makes them happy.

No comments: