CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veterans Day ya'll! I hope everyone took some time out & gave thanks to all of our veterans who put their lives on the line for our great country. They are truly people who deserve the utmost respect and gratitude for their courage and sacrifice in serving our country.

Today I spent a good part of my day watching two movies I am still wondering why the heck I hadn't seen yet.



1) Girl, Interrupted -
  • Winona Ryder is ridiculously gorgeous in certain scenes.
  • Reminded me of another fav. book/movie, One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest.
  • Angelina Jolie killed it in her role in this movie.

2) Higher Learning
  • Good social commentary that made me reflect on my own college experience.
  • Halfway through I realized it was all filmed at UCLA! haaaaay!
  • Definitely reminded me of a time I encountered blatant racism at UCLA... I'll never forget that night.. Infuriated is a good word to describe it. Speechless but then again, NOT surprised.
Anyway, I love movies that reflect the struggles of ALL kinds of people. It gives awareness to the issues and a voice to those that don't get to have one. I've got a lot of catching up to do on these type of must see movies!

Goodnight everyone!

BTW- Besides my family and friends that I am so blessed to have in my life, my boyfriend makes me SO thankful everyday. He's a great compliment to all the wonderful things in my life already. I am glad to have a friend and a confidant in him ..he has NEVER failed to support and believe in me and it is something I truly truly appreciate about him. I am so grateful to have him always pushing me to do better, always believing in my abilities and so understanding whenever I face another bump in the road. Life just doesnt get any better!

No comments: