CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Monday, November 10, 2008

Courage

So I potentially have a job for the winter thanks to me gracious former boss. I am so thankful for the job because I have been out of commission for far too long & need the $$$ for the holiday season. The only thing is, I have to get behind the wheel again. =\

I haven't been behind the wheel since my accident and I am praying for a lot of courage and strength from the Lord to get rid of that fear that's been created in my head. I never ever ever want to get into a car accident again or have to go through what I've been through in the past two months EVER again... This healing process has been rough, physically but mostly mentally, and although I am OK now, it took me A LOT to get back to where I am now, and it isn't even over yet. I remember sitting in physical therapy on many different occasions wondering about how the hell I got to this point... what I want to change about my life... how thankful I am to be able to walk... just so many things...

I guess what I mean is .... getting behind the wheel again is the first step I'll be taking in really putting all of this behind me, and trust me, it's NOT easy, actually, it scares the hell out of me. I am afraid I'll lose myself in "WORkSCHOOlSORORITYBfFAMILYHOMEWORkFRIENDs" again. I am afraid I'll forget all the changes I wanted to apply to my life once I get busy again. But really, deep down inside, I think... I'm really afraid that I'm going to be too concerned about being cautious that I'll forget to live.

So even though it feels like I've been through SO MUCH already in my 20 yrs of life, I am really gonna have to dig deep for some courage and strength for this one. =/ So pls pray for me whoever is reading this, I truly will need it.

&&& OH AND FOR THE RECORD, my accident was NOT due to drunk driving.



BTW, HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO NANCY OUDOMMAHAVANH! I am so blessed to have such a genuine and kind person like you in my life. Love youuu like a sister!

No comments: