CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wake up wake up wake up,..

"... It's the 1st of the month Get up get up get up,
So cash your checks and come up"

Lounged in the HEAT today and watched Love &Basketball and La Corona(The Crown) while trying to nurse my poor back to health!

La Corona: "Shot on-location in the largest women’s prison in Bogota, Colombia, the 40-minute La Corona is deservedly a 2008 Academy Award nominee for Best Documentary Short. It details the preparation and participants competing for La Corona (The Crown) at a high security prison that takes convicts who “no one else wants,” according to the warden. Although the warden says she originally opposed the idea of a pageant, she changed her mind when she saw how it energized the prisoners and gave them a positive distraction from the boredom."


Really interesting documentary that really humanized the women of these prisons who at one point were hired killers, guerrilla fighters, armed robbers, etc. It was really interesting to see such a glamorous event based around beauty and charisma to be set upon a back drop that is so cold and lonely. Good short doc. for anyone interested.

Anyway, its finally October and my birthday is coming in 20 days. How awesome, unfortunately I have no definite plans for the celebration, but it will be a joyous day (or WEEK!) indeed! I told my physical therapist that that day is my personal goal to be walking at least 80-90% so I'm pushing myself to really really get better :)

I'm counting my blessings.

No comments: