CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

sharing.

My mom forwards me these daily emails she gets sometimes and I really liked this part... Thought I would share some insight. It's only a snippet though..

"...But you know what I do when I don’t reach a goal on time? I just set a new goal. I don’t give up. Everybody fails. Everybody does dumb things. So the issue is not that you failed – it’s how you respond to your failure.

Do you give in to self-pity? Do you start blaming other people? Do you start complaining that it’s impossible? Or, do you refocus on God’s intentions and start moving again?

Finally, when you give in to fear, you get discouraged. Nehemiah 4 suggests the people most affected by fear are those who hang around negative people. If you’re going to control the negative thoughts in your life, you’ve got to get away from negative people as much as you can.

Maybe you’re discouraged because of fear. You’re dealing with fears like, “I can’t handle this. It’s too much responsibility.” Maybe it’s the fear that you don’t deserve it. It’s the fear of criticism. Fear will destroy your life if you let it. But you can choose to resist the discouragement. Say, “God help me get my eyes off the problem – off the circumstance – and keep my eyes on you."

1 comment:

TROUBLMan said...

My mom send me the same type of emails sometimes, but I barely read them. I'm going to change that habit though because this hit home. Resilience is a trait that few people have. The ones who do are the real champions. I've accomplished many goals in life, but as I get older and my goals get bigger the become harder to obtain. Do I get frustrated sometimes? Yes.
Will I give up? No! Personally I don't believe in failures, only lessons.