CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Word.

I know I'm all late with the Sean Bell case, but hearing that all three police officers were acquitted of all charges is devastating. To top it off, to read that people still got nerve to harass his family after he got shot 50 times the day of his wedding, what the fuck is up with the world!? Any issues with race boils my damn blood to the core. Like hearing about some boy who thought it would be funny to drive past protesters for the Jena6 with two nooses hanging from his truck. Where the fuck do these people come from ? I cannot stand racism..ethnocentrism.. whatever you want to call it. It seems like after we got so much progress going on in the world, we take a million steps back.
Speaking of which, I haven't been keeping up with Obama lately but I hear Reverend Wright is still killin his campaign.. but I'll read up on that later.

SO yea, in other news, I just got promoted as supervisor at the store! The big man up there has been droppin me blessings left and right... so I'm thankful daily for everything I got. It sure outweighs everything I don't have.

Other than that, MAY is gonna be the craziest month of my LIFE, but I gotta get through so I can't let it phase me. It is true, to get through life, you gotta be atleast two things, CONFIDENT & TOUGH.. Confident to go after what you want with the belief that you can get it and tough against everyone that doubts you or any setbacks that you may face. Because when you got setbacks, quitting is not an option. Shit is not over till you get THROUGH it, no short cuts, no going around it, but gettin THROUGH it.

Btw, thanks friends back home for understanding how busy I am and knowing that when I aiin't kickin it its because I'm doing something I truly love. It means so much to have them encourage me through everything... I couldn't be more thankful to have such understanding friends. It just like high school when I couldn't kick it because I was locked up in ASB. But no matter what, its always worth it. ALWAYS worth the struggle.

No struggle, no progress.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aye lil sis, this reminded me of you!


http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp;jsessionid=BB8A31E9EFB73AB6502CD470D146A5E7.app12-node5?itemdescription=true&itemCount=60&id=14998660&parentid=W_APP_NEW&sortProperties=&navCount=70&navAction=poppushpush&color=

Anonymous said...

fuck, woops.

http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/UrbanOutfitters/14998660_10_b?$detailmain$

Anonymous said...

ok fuck my life! i can't do anything right. go to urbanoutfitters.com under what's new for women. There's an Obama shirt by obey that says PROGRESS on it. and it reminded me of you.

haha shieeet.