CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Sunday, April 13, 2008

SUN IS OUT & I'm SHININ!



On Living Elevated: "How does one do that? Living up to your potential is living elevated. Strive to be, have, see, and experience the best there is in this world and the next. Living elevated is something that is a constant struggle. You must constantly expect the best for yourself, as well as your surroundings and activities. Life is too short to be complacent and accept sub-par quality in any aspect of life." - -- ElevatedLA defines "Live Elevated"

I don't say this often, except to Catrina, but to be real honest, even though pledging for this sorority is tough, stressful, time-consuming and a true test to my patience and strength (mentally, physically &emotionally), I am so thankful for it all at the same time. It hasn't been since high school that I've had all my priorities in check this well. I've had so many ridiculous things thrown at me to overcome during the past couple of months (outside of pledgeship) and if it wasn't for being this busy and really putting into perspective what I want for myself and the people I want to surround myself with, I'd be a hot mess right now. Really, at the end of the day, it is what it is, and you just gotta accept the people that come into your life, the people that leave, and take it all for what it is. I've learned to look at the bigger picture of everything that I go through in life and know that its only another step to becoming better. It's ANOTHER LESSON LEARNED really. You just gotta be tough, you gotta know YOU and whats right for YOU, you gotta keep your head up even when the worlds tryna bring you down.

Oh and I never mentioned how thankful I am for the fucking amazing people that have continued to motivate me out here in LA. Nothing compares to my family & THEfamily back in SD, but LA has some diamonds out here, seriously. To name a few, my Zeta Bro Ethan, the President of Zeta Phi Rho for 08-09, I couldn't be any more proud to be his sis. He makes me SO proud, words cannot even explain. It's one achievement after another and we've been stickin' with each other since DAY1. My Big Sis & my Big Bro John.. where do I even begin. My big sis always reminds me I can achieve anything I can put my mind to. A simple statement but it speaks volumes for me daily whenever I'm faced with another situation to solve. She reminds me to DO ME and just be eaaaasy. My big bro John, so compassionate and understanding from the very beginning.. I love him to pieces. & not to mention, my pledgesisters. Some of the strongest ladies I know. We've seen each other at our weakest, strongest, best and worst and we're still going strong. We all strive for excellence in everything we do and I wouldn't want to do any of this without em.

Basically, I'm thankful for the present and excited as hell for the future!

No comments: