CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Grindin never felt so good.

Damn son. The past couple of days have been so incredibly busy it ain't even funny anymore. Been handling shit with school better than I ever have, practiced with the gals for an upcoming performance, had work on Saturday, watched UCLA lose to Memphis :( :(, had a fundraising event today && got study hours with the gals tonight, .. basically..shits been bananas & I truly don't even have time to let ANYTHING phase me nowadays. (which I'm learning is a WONDERFUL thing)

Even though life's been overwhelming and busy 90% of the time, I'm thankful that God has blessed me with so many things to keep me occupied and so many new, positive, motivating people to keep me focused on my priorities. I'd rather be this busy than have all the time in the world to let shit affect me. A good friend Ashish once told me a story about how a girl lost his cheat sheet that he let her borrow, right before his final, but he wasn't mad about it because honestly, what would it benefit him to be mad? Nothing. & I keep that in the back of my head now.. and when I'm in a tough situation and the only option is to be upset and irrational, I try to just let it go, right then and there. Because when someone does you dirty or something doesn't go your way, sometimes the only option you have is to control how YOU want to react to the situation. Much like the quote, "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it."

I don't want to dwell, I don't want to sit idling around thinking about shit in my head. Time waits for no one and there are SO MANY MORE other things that need to get done in the world. --> Knowledge to be taught, $$money to be made, goals to achieve & new people to meet. You just gotta keep it movin'... simple as that.

**Time to let it go. Let go of the hostility, the grudges, the resentment because that shit hurts no one but me. I'm a better person daily, even with the challenges. So keep em comin, to whoever wants to challenge me at life, because GOD KNOWS I'm BUILT STRONG ENOUGH TO TAKE IT.

No comments: