CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Party&Bullshit.

Yesterday was a dope day.
  • Session C is in full effect. Economics of Developing Countries and Social Networking. Haha, that Comm class is just for shits because I need units but it's surprisingly pretty informative and interesting.
  • I had a three hour break so I stopped by the library and picked up the Vol 1. Diary of Anais Nin and In Favor of the Sensitive Man and Other Essays by Anais Nin. This woman absolutely fascinates me and I'll periodically be posting on here some of her pieces because her writing moves me so much. I literally couldn't put down the book of essays because I feel like this woman has read my mind and put it into words & published it for all the world to see. 
  • The weather yesterday was beautiful. I stopped in front of Royce as I was walking yesterday in absolute appreciation and awe over how incredibly beautiful our university is. blessed for sure.
  • I was also stopped by a transfer student yesterday (as I was walking with my nose buried in the Anais Nin book) who had some questions about UCLA. Little did I know I would be having lunch with this stranger and connecting with him like no other person I've met in such a long time! It's funny how these chance encounters happen, but how lucky was I to have met this person as we ate our lunches together and discussed our ideas on race (me being filipina & him black), sexuality (he is gay), our upbringings (him being raised in the South & me here in Southern California), family, living in LA.. ahhh it was so pleasant and random that I loved it! There is something about sharing with strangers that makes conversation so real, natural, free-flowing. Must do this more.
  • Watched parts of the Notorious B.I.G documentary, Bigger than Life with Alvie. Finished it this morning, and damn, it killed me when his childhood friends said that they would have rather had him still on the corner tryna make his dollar than to have become famous and lose him. It was a dope documentary with his closest friends retelling stories of the 90s and how things used to be.
  • Then off to Margarita Mondays with some new acquaintances for a damn good time.. What a great night indeed. $2.50 margaritas, can't get any better.

    I need to have more days like this.
    I need to have more days like this.
    I need to have more days like this.

No comments: