CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Moms always know the right things to say (& do). My mom always reminds me that, "Hey, you did your part, whatever the outcome is, you've done a lot more than people are willing to."

That's how I see things nowadays. You give your best effort, you're sincere in your intentions, sometimes it doesn't align with other people's ideas, but you try your best to make it work for everyone. I'm a strong believer in the idea that doing something, no matter how small of a gesture or effort, is better than doing nothing at all. And that goes for everything in life...For example, saying thank you's. They don't have to be grand and elaborate, but I find that when people sincerely say thank you and appreciate your effort, it means A LOT. Or bringing change to something. I've never believed in taking things as they are and just succumbing to the idea that that's just how things are. Aside for some uncontrollable circumstances, our futures are meant for us to create them, not simply wait for the world to figure it out for us. If you don't like something or think that you can bring better to the table, there is nothing worse that you can do than 'do nothing'. There is so much lost potential in that. So many people losing out on the gifts that we were blessed with.

I am a strong believer in exhausting those gifts, using them to benefit the people that need it the most, and no, it doesn't have to paid back through money or public recognition, but with the knowledge that you're helping a good cause or doing something better for the common good.

Sometimes I wish more people understood that.

No comments: