CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Saturday, March 6, 2010

My siblings.
I truly believe God choose us in his plan, to be perfect pairs to one another while we live on this earth and have life thrown at us. The older that we get, the closer we are. The more that we've endured, the more love there is. My family has been through a lot in the past. It's crazy to think about it now, because it is simply another moment in past, but we endured and the only thing that comes now is unconditional love and protection.

There's a certain safety I cherish with my brothers. In the past it was the physical safety of keeping me away from potentially bad men (which still happens today) but now, it's the safety and protection I feel when we speak, when I share my problems, when I have one of those days, when I just want to come home, when I feel discouraged... they know, one more than the other, but nonetheless, they know.

Something happens when your family endures something heartbreaking together. Whether it be a death, a divorce, an accident... whatever it is, it changes traditions, it changes the normalcy you've known your whole life... and when you're a Filipino family at that, your personal life feels like its been put on a stage and everyone knows, or at least likes to think they know your business. When that happens, all eyes and ears tune inwards and you learn how to tune out or differentiate between who and what really matters and what doesn't.

So when I speak about protection, it's the protection we have for one another to keep away from people and experiences that bring us back to the dark days. It's the love we have for one another to make everything and anything memorable and amazing, because we deserve this happiness we have in our lives now. It when you've lost something in your life that never will come back that you celebrate everything and everyday. We are the thankful ones. The happy & positive ones. The dysfunctional little clan. We like the little things in life.... like bbming pictures of meatball to each other. like laughing with my mom from miles away till my stomach hurts. like still watching movies with my dad, just me and him, every time I come home. like our usual family dinners when we get to be together. like how my brother Allen and I can agree on almost everything without even having to say it or how we can party together since HS and never think its weird. ever. And we celebrate the big things... like the arrival of my niece/nephew. like the holidays when everyone is together with significant others in tow too. like how the holidays are less and less complicated as the years pass. like how the future is stable and joyful just to think about. like how my parents are happy and joyful too. like when the Lord answers prayers.

He truly has answered mine.


No comments: