CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Friday, March 12, 2010


As much as I can sit and make the same mistakes over and over again and vow time and time again never to make them again... it's foolish of me to even think that I'll be perfect enough never to make them ever again in this life. It's all in the learning process of life and I don't beat myself up, nor should anybody else, for not being who they want to be yet. I know enough that this continual growth and cycle of realizations and epiphanies about life are going to keep happening until the very day that I die.

You just have to be open to the changes and motions of life. Appreciate it all for what is worth and sometimes you have to be open to what God or whoever your higher being is and what they're trying to show you.

Yes, sometimes you have to be with all the wrong people to know what you want. Yes, you have to fall flat on your face to know what it feels like to get back up again and work harder. Yes, you are going to make horrible financial decisions but you know God provides when you truly need it. Yes, it's okay to go back, just as long as you know what you are willing to give and take. Yes, everyone in your life is meant to be there to teach you something.. for whatever reason.

It's all about growth at the end of the day. I have three girlfriends out here who I started college with and are about to finish with and in thinking about our long overdue dinner tonight, I celebrate our growth as young women growing up in this city together. We've been through everything in our own ways, heartbreaks with our first loves, new loves, financial lows and triumphs, leasing our own apartments, working towards our degrees and following our dreams, letting go of bad habits, everything it seems like. I am so happy that I have such strong, intelligent sisters whom I was blessed enough to go through the past 4 years with. The only constant these 4 years was change but we survived and are bowing out gracefully.

So one of the best things college has taught me is that, depending on how you look it at, change can always be positive if you aren't afraid to let it into your life to change the right things.


No comments: