CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Library notes.

One of my favorite things is hiding out at the Young Research Library at UCLA with my headphones on, jammin' to J Dilla, absolutely content in this space with intelligent ass people, just doin' work. It's the best energy to be around. Sight + sound.


Other than that, life has been so good. I've had a lot of things on my mind and just want to note them here because they're significant to me:
  1. At church the other day, the homily was about loving one another and that you don't necessarily have to like everyone, but you can still love them at the end of the day and wish them well. Word to His Word. There are people out there that we don't necessarily like or always want to be around....that's life, we clash because not everything is always butterflies and rainbows, but if you wish people well and hope for the best for them despite your differences, I think it makes all the difference.
  2. He was also talking about the different types of LOVE that exist in the Bible. Eros, Philia and Agape. From my understanding, Eros and Philia are both based on perception and situation and are mostly physical. They thrive on romantic situations and once that changes, the love ceases to exist. Agape, God's love, thrives not on the environment or perceptions, but on our care for each other, for loving our enemies, despite any circumstances. SELFLESS love. <3
  3. On another completely different note, I've been trying to live a more active lifestyle lately and it feels so damn good! Since my accident I got a trainer at the UCLA Wooden Center and she's been such a blessing! I was never an active person before but I loooove that feeling after a good workout. I feel my body changing and getting stronger and I love ittt. Especially coming from my accident, it really opened up my eyes to take care of my body and what I put into. Not to mention bikini season is cominnnng! HAYYY!
  4. I am more and more excited about summer in LA. There are so many opportunites and possibilities out here! I caaaaan't wait.
Anyway, off to do work, have a blessed day people.
PEACE

No comments: