CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Sunday, April 12, 2009

old xanga entries.

circa 2007.
I'm still the same person, always have been

---

I am not a caricature

I can't fit into a stereotypical identity that makes me comfortable for you.
And I can only be what I am
And you have to honor the integrity and the identity that i've been given
And if in fact that makes you uncomfortable
I need to find new company.

And if a woman with a mentality, who is articulate, intelligent and spiritual,
if that gives you reason for hesitation..
well then maybe we just need to move on.
-Lauryn Hill


I admire and aspire to be like those women who hold their ground against people who belittle thier actions and abilities and are strong-minded. So many women are desperate for their 5 minutes of fame that they're making the rest of us females look bad by doing anything and everything to get attention. Too many young girls are thinking that appearance will get them everywhere in life but what will it help when once you've made it you don't have any substance underneath all that make-up, tits & ass. I admire women who are intelligent and don't let their self-respect be threatened by anybody else. I hear too many times how a female is desirable but she's got nothin but air up in her head, but because she is pleasing to the eye, it will suffice. That's bunk to me. I fear the future of our younger generations. No one looks their ages anymore and there is this false perception of what girls think they should be because too many girls make role models of the wrong women. And for males who feel threatened by a woman who is intelligent, independent and strong-minded... well too bad for you because to me, those are the "rare breeds" right there, despite what the hayle she looks like.


--

Now you understand
Just why my head's not bowed.
I don't shout or jump about
Or have to talk real loud.
When you see me passing
It ought to make you proud.
I say,
It's in the click of my heels,
The bend of my hair,
the palm of my hand,
The need of my care,
'Cause I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.
excerpt from Phenomenal Woman - Maya Angelou.

My mother is a phenomenal woman. My whole life she's always proven to me that if I have a dream, pursue it. Not to let anyone stand in my way and not let anyone sway my decisions on my way to where I want to be in life. Being a woman, she's taught me to speak strong among men and those we tend to put ourselves below and to walk with my head up high even if people want to talk negatively about me. My whole life, she's accepted my visions and my dreams and has supported me completely. Even if I never had aspirations to be a doctor or something to make big $$$ she knows that my heart lies elsewhere and has never forced me to be something I'm not. Now, she still holds fast to my dreams and believes in me, and I love her for that.


One day, I'm going to be something great & I can thank my parents, especially my mom, for every step of it.
I'm keeping my goals in sight, never stoppin, only movin forward.

-----

give thanks.

Even through all the imperfections in my life,
i'm happy.

The love, comfort, care and compassion given to me from my family can never be taken away from me. For anyone who really knows me and knows the story of my life, it is the imperfections in my life that have made it beautiful. I've walked down a different road the past two years and I'm finally beginning to feel at peace with where I've been and where I'm going. I'm stronger than I've ever felt in such a long time and I can look to those most important to me and know that WE will be okay. God has amazing plans for all of us and I trust that WE'LL be okay. I never wanted sympathy or pity for what is going on because I don't look at myself as lacking anything worth significant importance in my life. When you've got REAL LOVE, even felt through phonecalls and voicemails while youre away at college, it conquers all things.

My dad told me to be careful of the blessings God has given me and to treat them with care. Whether my life has changed dramatically or not, I will continue to be thankful for what I've been through. I'm thankful for whatever has come my way and for the people who have walked in and out of my life because I'm stronger now.

I know what I want in life, I know who the people are that I want to surround myself with, I know who I want to become on this continuous journey of life. It's an everyday struggle, but it's all give and take. Work more, get paid more. Study harder, get better grades. Give more, recieve more. Love and be loved in return.

I have so much faith in the future
& I love my loved ones so much it hurts...

---

You've done it before and you can do it now.
See the positive possibilities.
Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration
and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination.

Giving up is not an option.
I gotta reach these goals.

No comments: