CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Friday, March 27, 2009

honest.



The day at the art museum. Having a late breakfast with the sun beating down heavily outside and lazily getting ourselves up to spend the afternoon walking around the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA). Finally arriving and spending every sweet minute in our own contentment and appreciation for the day. Sneaking kisses and hand holding as we make our rounds through the white corridors of the works of Andy Warhol and Jeff Koons. Leaving with every intention to come back and then indulging in our shopping fetishes. TheHundreds&supreme and then off to TheGrove for a dinner for two. Laughing and smiling in a dimly lit room with dozens of people but only one person honestly catching all of my attention. Good conversation, honest intentions and emotions swirling thick in the air like you could touch it. The days end & I look forward to the next.

The day at the park. Filled with close friends and acquaintances all in support of my sorority's tradition to raise money through pies put together with ridiculous amounts of .....crap. The sun was shining and we were all in good spirits. I, yet again was engaging in this tradition I swore off not to do again the year before. But the afternoon came and went, pie after pie, emotions once again, high strung and incapable of being hidden with ease. Another milestone achieved, my work is done for the day and then sweetness begins. trashbags & towels, baby wipes and googly eyes... I can't help it. Visit my kids and the clean up follows. Like two kids who just moved to the city... our adventurous personalities had us out and about to enjoy the night yet again.. feet hitting the pavement with every intention to have yet another, amazing night. Failed attempts at Ketchup led us to Geisha House. By far the best dinner I've had, ever. The food was delicious of course, but the ambiance, the conversation, the honesty in all of it.. was what made me feel alive again. We shared our dreams and our pasts and then made toasts to the future. We walked out like two happy kids exxploring a city we frequented often but never really felt like we were living in, atleast for me it was like that.

The day that changed everything. In all it's craziness, the madness made all the sense in the world. Like a release to everything else thats been weighing me down... it all came at the most opportune moment. Following my class, we vowed to be spontaneous and not make a single plan except for the time our adventure would begin. After failed attempts to find the perfect sushi spot, we ended up at hollywood&highland. As we drove around aimlessly beforehand to find our destination of choice..we spit back and forth questions hoping that maybe we would have something in common... only to realize it was everything. No really, everything. The fact that we are non-bike-riding, chocolate and tiramisu loving, family oriented, shoe & fashion connoisseurs just to name a few, made all the difference in my world. The KAWS exhibit was our next target and then santa monica palm promenade where it just so happened to be pouring rain.. an event i felt explained quite perfectly the madness of the day and our chance meeting. We ended with a spontaneous trip to a westwood bakery to satisfy our own curiosity of whether or not we could have some tiramisu without eating the chocolate (lent!) and then off to the next best thing... yogurt. My time was cut short but I consider that the beginning of when I started living the life I imagined...

No comments: