CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Lent

This lent I am giving up chocolate & caffeine! I talked to my trainer the other day and at best, I'm really gonna try and cut out foods that bring my energy level down and start eating things that wake me up! I find that to be one of my biggest problems in the day is getting over that afternoon slump, it's a big no-no considering all the stuff I have to get done daily.

I am also trying to really focus on my relationships especially with the mister. In church today, Lent was discussed as time of new beginnings and I really take that to heart. I've learned a lot about not giving up on people, especially when people haven't given up on me. I know that relationships will have their ups &downs but I was down for the ride since day1 and I won't let this one go. I just really need to refocus and set my priorities to whats BEEN there for me.

I am also reaaaally taking this time of Lent to just let go of a lot of things that bring me down in life. Unnecessary negative conversations/comments/thoughts, negative people, yada yada and keep reminding myself that if I lose 1, I gain 3 and that my life is not limited to what I have going on in before me but so many people who love and support me back home. It always comes down to whether I think a battle is worth fighting and I realize there is A LOT not worth trippin about in this world. I would like to just let things fall by the wayside. If it really doesn't need to be discussed, then it shouldn't. Simple. If you can get over it, then get over it. right?

No comments: