CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Monday, January 12, 2009

Winter 2009

It's the beginning of a new year and I feel fresh and rejuvenated!

Despite the stresses in life, like time constraints and still not being 100% from my injury, in retrospect, everything is just the way it should be. I trust that the bigger picture of everything will help see me through.

I've come across some amazing women in the last week through our recruitment process and I must say, I am humbled inside and out by the role God has given me to play at UCLA. I trust that where God has placed me is a place of mentorship and teaching, as well as learning and growing. As much as I am willing to give of myself and teach, I am being taught myself. I try to always remember that this is God's will that I am here for and to do everything in my heart with persistence, passion, compassion and patience. Even when times are trying and challenges are thrown my way, I want to put into practice being a reasonable and understanding person. Curious, but not judgemental. Openminded and giving. Hardworking with diligence. Many many different things. Instead of stressing about the little steps to get to where this journey will end, I want to remember to appreciate the moments, give my whole heart into my work and and take every moment for what it is. I remember in John Wooden's book on Leadership, enthusiasm is a key component to his steps of success and even in times like this where stress can easily ruin someone's enthusiasm for something, I want to continue to be excited for everything that is ahead. I don't want to get caught up in petty things when there is so much work to be done!

I guess I just had a mini reality check this morning when looking back on how far I've come to get to where I am today, or moreso to be able to do the things I have the freedom to do. Really, in our lives, for anyone who is able to even get on a computer to read this..

"Don't sweat the small stuff... and it's all small stuff!"

Peace & love people.

No comments: