CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Oh how times have changed...

Talks with my big sis yesterday made me REALize a lot about how you gotta go through life. At the end of the day, you pick and choose your battles, decide what crap can be left at the door and keep it movin & THAT'S IT. People will be the way that they are, treat you however they please, but at the end of the day, you DECIDE if you're gonna let that stuff get to you, YOU decide how you're gonna react. Treat other people the way you want to be treated & be MINDFUL, my word of the season. I'm working on this.

----

I was reminded of the saying, Knowledge of self is sacred, I posted on recently.. & it will be a brand new theme of how I live my life. There will be so many times people will try to influence, change and judge the way you perceive yourself, hell I probably do this to people, but I will say now, if you are proud of who you are inside & out, then do your thing. I spent a lot of time allowing people's judgments change what I already knew about myself & actually, I spent a lot of time letting other people tell me how they think I should be... & what a waste of your true self that is. Stand firm in who you are, your beliefs, your aesthetics, your likes/dislikes, your goals, your ideas, your entire being. Think for yourself, decide what is right & wrong, what you like & dislike and not just what is cool or socially acceptable.

---

My Dad also said something to me today... "You shouldn't always try to be the hero". God, I felt like someone has been keeping from verbally telling me that for 20 yrs and it felt so good to finally hear it come out of someone's mouth. That's enough for that statement, it was powerful enough.

---

At the end of the say, it's safe to simply say, "Actually, I really don't care." Because you truly DON'T anymore. To everyone & myself:

Have a broader sense of the world,
complain less,
appreciate more,
gossip less,
observe more,
judge less,
l o v e more.

♥♥♥♥


No comments: