CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Joy is...

  • Seeing my Lolo intently reading paparazzi magazines as we wait in the doctor's office. He's 84.
  • Beautiful brown babies, speaking Spanish, or any child speaking fluently in a language I don't know as they are bundled up in mismatched winter wear.
  • The wonder that still exists in the eyes of parents as they watch the Christmas parade pass at Disneyland with their children.
  • The moments when crowds of hundreds of people are captivated by fireworks and their beauty. I'll never get too old to watch.
  • The feeling at the end of the day, exhausted but accomplished, from spending another day at Disneyland.
  • My grandparents, who love to thrift shop and proudly display their new shoes that were $6. I feel their excitement too.
  • Dad's singing Christmas songs in Spanish at the top of their lungs as we leave "It's a Small World" while their kids laugh hysterically.
  • Little latina babies waving and saying "HOLA!" over and over again to all the little characters as we ride "It's a Small World".
  • AJ calling his friends from 2nd grade to prove to me he sang a solo in church during his first communion. As they laugh in confusion as to why he is randomly calling to ask if they remember, his friends can't recall his big accomplishment and I sit in the passenger seat laughing profusely. (LOL!)

I can't wait for Christmas. :)

No comments: