CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Friday, November 21, 2008

drop acid, not bombs.


The past few days have been peaceful & productive. I had an amazing amazing talk with my big sis late one night and I finally got a lot of thoughts I've been wanting to share off my chest. I am so incredibly happy that we're both moving into brand new areas in our life and realizing our shortcomings and trying to change them. I love positive progression but its even better with someone who is sharing the same struggle with you and won't be afraid of holding you accountable for those weak moments where we sometimes lose ourselves. That's what I love about my big sis, we can be completely honest with one another and tell each other like it is but with the knowledge that its for our own good. I'm so thankful to have women like that in my life! It truly is a blessing!

On another note, Happy Birthday to my dear friend Cartney! We all got together last night and it felt soo good being with my girlfriends again. We always have a good time together and Cartney's mom made a comment last night that made me realize a lot. As we were all leaving, she asked if we get to see each other often and pointed out how long it's been that we've all known each other. After she said that, it really made me realize how blessed I am to have the same group of friends (more like extendedfamily) I've had since elementary/junior high/high school... with the exception of I few I lost touch with. But for the most part, we've been going strong for so many years now and despite all the people I've met along the way, the saying holds true, never to forget the people that came FIRST. I am so excited for our annual Thanksgiving dinner and Secret Santa exchange this year. It's gonna be our 4th annual since we started the tradition! :)

Today, I went to the library after physical therapy and renewed my LOVE for the 1960's with books of Robert Altman's photographs of the 60's and a book by Barry Miles entitled "Hippie" which pretty much covers everything from The Grateful Dead & Jefferson Airplane to the Black Panther Movement to the Summer of Love. The photos and personal quotes are my faaaavorite. && in the midst of all of this, I gave a silent thankyou to all of my college teachers during my first year at UCLA who created cluster classes all about the 1960s. AND super special thanks to Stephan Pennington, an ethnomusicologist who introduced me to THE MUSIC of the 1960s and this "nasty gal"... Betty Davis!

Random extras..
  • As I was browsing through Jezebel.com today I came across this gem! I really love love love looking at historical photos of past times & people and this search offers photo archives of events dating back to the 1800s!. Check it outtt..
  • http://www.altmanphoto.com/Page7.MrSixties.html Peep game on some of the photos that were in Robert Altman's book, "The Sixties". loove it.
  • There was an old woman laughing uncontrollably while she was reading a book in the library today. She had her orthopedic shoes off, sitting near a window to catch the sunlight and as she continued laughing, I looked at her and she almost caught herself realizing how almost too loud she was laughing. I love silly old ladies who can still find the humor in simple things, like reading a hilarious book.
  • Miss Crew did a feature on my absolute favorite, Miss VA$htie KOLA!
& to end, I love this photo, I found it on facebook, but it speaks so much for me..


No comments: