CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Kite Runner

- If there is one thing I can tolerate about my recovery, it is all the time I've been allowed to READ BOOKS again. Through the school year, I find that my stack of books reserved for leisurely reading grows larger and larger as I get lost among course readers and textbooks. So thank God for all the time I get to catch up on all the books I've been dying to read. I just finished The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini which I highly recommend to anyone. He writes so realistically that makes you feel all the emotions of the characters and as some say, make you forget that this story is actually a fictional story and not a memoir. Also, it gives a much needed look at Afghanistan and the Taliban rule in the 90s as well as life as an immigrant family moving to America. Read it if you haven't already. Next up is... Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

- Stumbled upon this interesting site. TROUBL.ORG Here is their vision... There's a war going on outside no man is safe from. It's for our minds. The enemy--ignorance, apathy, and the people who profit from both. Strap yourself. Only the smart survive.

-
I also love reading guerilla busfare. Female emcee / journalist from the Bay Area, EyeASage. One of those blogs I keep coming back to... especially when she covers topics of misogyny and racism in our society in areas that we often overlook or don't think too much about. Peep her links too, they're all good.

Education & awareness. Spread it. Appreciate it. Live life differently.

No comments: