CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Friday, May 30, 2008

ON A HIGH..

UCLA CHI DELTA THETA - FOUNDING CLASS - ZETA COLONY

The best feeling is waking up everyday LOVING your life. Dude, I've found so much more purpose in my life the past couple of months and I'm so excited for everyday I get to wake up and live out my dreams. To be real honest, joining this sorority has been one of the best things that I've ever done for myself. Yea, being a founding class is tight.. but I don't want to get caught up in the hype of just that because we owe it so much to ourselves to really make something ground-breaking with this organization . I want to stay focused on the gift we've been given and really bring this organization to new heights. Talking with my sisters & Mic today really put so much in perspective for me. There are going to be girls looking up to my sisters and I for guidance, direction, inspiration and motivation and all I want is to be just that if not more. I cannot wait to be an example for other girls and let them feel the REAL ass sisterhood that I am in. I love that not only am I helping other girls be the best people they can be, but at the same time, I'm learning as well. I love that this organization has helped me build so much character and confidence that I want to share with other girls... it's so fucking tight. I want to meet and inspire other strong ass, intelligent independent women and be able to extend this sisterhood to them. It has made my whole college experience and the fun has seriously just begun! I know there is SO SO MUCH work ahead of us, but I KNOW it will be the most fulfilling and rewarding feeling that I will get out of this. This truly is OUR masterpiece, our baby and I want nothing more than to help lay the foundation of this organization the right way. I want all the advice and mentorship I can get out of this experience because EVERYTHING has only made me a better person.

For any girls who have looked down upon or overlooked sororities or the greek system, all I can say is that if you choose wisely which sorority you want to join and really learn about their ideals and what they stand for, joining one could be one of the best choices you could ever make. I never EVER EVER in a million years thought I would ever join a sorority but here I am with 9 other girls with our own colony at UCLA. It's crazy, but I love it with all that I have. We've worked so hard the past 19 weeks to get to where we are right now and it feels SO good to know that I worked DAMN hard for the letters that I rock. If you really want to make a difference or make a change in your life, you just gotta put fear aside and have an open mind about putting yourself out there to try new things. It's so worth it.

No comments: