CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Monday, October 4, 2010

perks of being a wallflower

Making more time for:
  • Writing.
  • The long list of books I have waiting for me to read them.
  • Reading my Bible.
  • Job-hunting.
  • Thrifting!
Post college life is a weird time. You wake up feeling like you've progressed from your college self and then you have moments where you feel like you're stuck in an abyss being jobless -> broke -> worried. It's been an adventure though and a time I am sure that I'll look back on and laugh about. I still hold on to the belief that if you truly want something, the universe will conspire to make it happen. Maybe the universe hasn't conspired yet because I don't know what I want. I just happen to know what realm I want to move towards but maybe that isn't enough. I'm not really sure, and I only find comfort knowing there are millions of people in the same boat as me, irrespective of what school we went to, background we have or abilities we share.  So in the midst of this never ending process of finding jobs and trying to make myself appealing on a single sheet of paper to future employers, I'm just going to keep doing things that will make my soul grow. I have been having a growing distaste for the club and party scene lately, but maybe because I don't have the funds to support that lifestyle and I am constantly feeling guilty that I should be putting that energy towards finding a job. aaah, the joys of post college life. It's a crazy chaos that I somehow find enjoyment waking up to everyday, regardless of the pitfalls.

Such is life.

No comments: