CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Friday, October 1, 2010

Embrace #2



After a rainy day in San Diego yesterday, Joe, Jon & I headed out to serve food with Embrace on 16th & Island in downtown. We were blessed enough to have a buffet-like serving of food complete with bread, brisket, fish, rice, pasta, cornbread, beans and dessert courtesy of the San Diego Food Bank. It was the longest line I had seen since I've served and considering it was a rainy day, I know a lot of people had been waiting for some light at the end of the day.

By the end of the hour, as we were winding down and cleaning up, there was a man who was singing for us and he broke out in Amazing Grace. His soulful voice paired with the crisp San Diego night air, made for a perfect setting of true gratitude and appreciation. Standing before me was this man who I was certain had so much less than I, yet had so much more SOUL than a lot of people I know with everything they need. For me, at that moment, I heard nothing else but his beautiful singing. I didn't know this man but I could tell by the look in his eyes and the way he sang with such conviction that he had seen a lot & experienced a lot of beauty in his lifetime.

And these are the moments I truly live for. So organic and so refreshing. Not those moments you waste trying to videotape or tweet about as its happening, but those moments you want to fully experience and hope no one disturbs it.

No comments: