CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thought:

I am sick of the fact that my mind is trained to always think the conventional way. For years, I accepted the fact that certain things are meant to be done a certain way and if you didn't do it that way, there was something wrong with you and/or me. I always feared that things weren't going to go according to plan & often worried about what people were going to think of me. For guys, I always had a set idea of the type I've wanted and if they didn't fit that type, then goodbye. For school, if I didn't graduate in 4 years, know what I wanted to do straight out of college and become successful like everyone expects of me, then there is something wrong with me. For a long time, when my parents separated, I could NOT understand why my family couldn't be like everyone else.

But now, I would like to give a big 'fuck that' to my ridiculous single-minded and ignorant view of life. Life happens and if I'm not up to par with the rest of my graduating class, my group of friends, or if my family isn't like the rest of America then fuck it! I'd rather have lived a colorful life littered with experience than one that solely is lived for the purpose of pleasing others. The more that I add another year to my age, the more creative minded individuals I have met with so much DEPTH and EXPERIENCE in them when it comes to life. I have witnessed so many different paths to success and happiness that this idealized lifestyle that society wants to put us in is a fucking JOKE. And to think that I wanted my family to somewhat resemble the cookie-cutter image of what an American family is... is a joke as well. The fact that my parents can be REAL about the situation and my brothers and I are given the choice to decide our own life is better than the lies and deceit that exist in so many families of the rich and famous we so often envy. *Ahem Tiger Woods

Thank God for making me realize how consumed I was to being perfect. (What the FUCK is perfect anyway?) Now I RELISH in all of my life's imperfections, wear them proudly on my chest and embrace wholly this crazy life that I live... because I know that if I died tomorrow, I truly have LIVED through it ALL.

Open up your mind and decide for yourself what is REAL life and what you CARE about.
Know that MONEY, doesn't equate happiness.
Know that the PRETTIEST PEOPLE, often really do the UGLIEST things.
If you can be real with me on that level, you got a friend for life.

To EACH his OWN.


No comments: