CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Fearless

I promise to always surround myself with ...
positive minds.
creative minds.
humble minds.
fearless minds.
It would truly be a disservice to myself to do anything less.

I had good talks last night with good folks about the coming of the new year and what changes we'd like to make in our lives. Though I see self-improvement a constant, ongoing journey, a new year is great symbolism or a great catalyst to really implement some necessary changes.

Though I have many personal things I'd like to achieve, complete with some serious steps to get there, one huuuuge thing I shared last night was the lack of adventure in my life as far as outdoorsy stuff! There are so many things in life I'd like to do but never did because I worried about getting hurt/not doing it well/looking stupid and I'm talking about things like wanting to surf, getting on my longboard, playing sports for a team, snowboarding, etc. Besides my end$ running low to do some of these things, I think it's also the way that I was raised that always kept me playing on the safe side. My parents never ever allowed me to join sports, play outside, or do anything that would result in any permanent damage to myself, so I've always shyed away from those kinds of things even though I would LOVE to do it. I think my accident has also harbored a great sense of caution with the way I live my life but I don't want it to hinder me from all the awesome things I could do in life. I realize that with this and in life in general, you just have to try, "fck it" & just DO IT. It's funny because I would consider myself pretty confident in other areas of my life but this particular thing I just haven't been able to muster up the courage to do.

I hope in the new year I'll grow to be as fearless as my friends that I admire.

I'll definitely be updating on my progress on this one.

1 comment:

Joel said...

Good thing your getting away from that mind set of always playing it safe...i'm sure by now you've run into a lot of thoughts that start with "I should have..." done this or that, living life in regret is one thing I cannot bear to do. Granted I am only 20 yr old but hey, life's short and its up to you to make it worthwhile, your around! Ps. I don't know about you but It's way to too late for me to join any teams, but outdoors activities i'm looking for are like Skydiving, rock climbing (outdoors not in a gym lol), and i've been meaning to buy a skateboard for a while, never got around to it, and dont worry about looking silly if you try to surf, i'm pretty sure if you look around at the time of your effort you will see many people looking like you, good luck!