CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Whattup world. So this thanksgiving is a very significant one to me because my blessings are abundant this year and I definitely will not let them go unnoticed.

I've finally found a happy and peaceful place within myself to make sense of my crazy life and it feels really good. Despite the occasional moments I get sad, resentful, frustrated, etc, I've learned to separate that from over-taking the place that I am in, because that is life and it will happen, always. But I choose to be happy, no matter what. So with that I'd like to count some blessings on this blog of mine...

  1. God, of course, for seriously all his blessings and really looking out for me, especially this year out of the 20! He truly truly works in mysterious ways and I know that despite where this road takes me, he has a plan and a purpose for me in my life.
  2. My parents & brothers, who despite the chaos that seem to constantly test us, we ALWAYS make it through. We are strong fighters against whatever life throws at us and I owe everything I am to them. They truly are the ones that have keep me grounded, spiritually and mentally strong and are always supportive of whatever path I take in life.
  3. My extended fam, for all of their love and endless prayers and support, especially during my recovery and healing.
  4. My friends. They say your friends are a representation of you and I am glad to say that my close friends truly reflect the person that I am. I love ALL of them, no matter what, through ups and downs, the ins and outs, nothing will change this gift of friendship. Especially my girlfriends, who are strong, amazing, talented young independent women. I am so PROUD of everything that we've accomplished and am so happy that we have this real, honest and amazing sisterhood that we have.
  5. My sorority sisters + big sis. This journey we have been on has been nothing short of amazing, wild & crazy and nothing will ever recreate the memories we have together already. This is just the beginning and I feel so blessed to be in the presence of such talented, strong-minded women who truly will make a difference in the world.
  6. My amazing boyfriend, whom I've been on this crazy ride with and finally we have found our groove. He is truly a huge motivation in my life and someone who keeps me humble and focused on what is important. I thank him for always being understanding, compassionate, kind, and my laughter when the rain comes. This is truly just the beginning to an amaaazzzinnnggg new chapter in my life.
  7. My health & my education. Two things that I am truly thankful for every. single. day. To be able to be walking again, to be healthy and active, to be ALIVE in general, I think about it everyday and I won't forget this blessing I have been given.

  8. And finally, for all the hardships I have been through in my life, especially my accident this year. It has truly changed everything about my life and I am thankful for this gift of life to truly live my life in a new, positive and purposeful way. No one can take away what I have gotten out of this and I intend to let it shine through in everything that I do now.
I am stronger, happier, and at peace with LIFE. It all comes down to choice and I will never let anything penetrate this happiness that I have created for myself. Nobody will ever be given that right and I won't give it away anymore.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, hope everyone takes a few minutes out of their day and just sit and reflect about all the amazing things we have in life! Love ya'll.

No comments: