CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Monday, October 27, 2008

for the day.

“Whatever the tasks, do them slowly
with ease,
in mindfulness,
so not do any tasks with the goal
of getting them over with.
Resolve to each job in a relaxed way,
with all your attention.”

- Thich Nhat Hanh, Zen Master


Lately, I've been trying to set new goals for how to live my life differently when I go back to LA..

1) Multi-tasking has now taken on a new meaning to me. I read an article on multi-tasking and I never realized how much of a slave I was to my to-do list. I realize when I piled on a million things to do for myself, I was rarely ever present in my current task because I was racing against time to move on to the next thing I had to do. I also realize I was less efficient trying to do so many different things at once, because again, it wasn't about WHAT I was doing, it was just about getting it done so I could cross it off my to do list.

2) Being on time is something I am going to really try my best to be better at. I cause myself so much unnecessary stress when I'm late when it could have easily been avoided if I hadn't been doing really really unimportant things! Also I'm gonna try waking up earlier, not just enough to get ready, but instead, enough to eat breakfast, have enough time to walk to school without being rushed and enjoy some solitude in the morning (for once!).

These are going to be two huge goals for me since my recent realization of living my life s l o w e r. I am happy to have realized all of this now so I am hoping college is going to be a whole new experience for me when I go back. I want to say goodbye to caffiene driven nights (unhealthy!), avoidable stress (unhealthy!), last minute anythings and say hello to a healthier lifestyle, becoming more responsible, and more meaningful productivity in my life.

No comments: