CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Friday, February 29, 2008

Love is a battlefield, we all got scars!

DAMN, life has been a trip so far. Been out the loop for a while now but for anyone worrying about me, know that it's all within good reason & I must be cookin' something up good if I been away this long! Ha! But know I will DEFINITELY be home in SD March 23-March30. :)

btw, before I write something, Happy Birthday Kenneth Chan. I'm sorry I couldn't make it out to celebrate your birthday. I love you.

So I was planning to write this blog about what life has been like so far.. but now I realize, all I mainly want to say is...Even though I've been missing everybody like crazy, I miss my FAMILY the most. Being out here in LA is rough sometimes. Having a busy schedule that even if they WANTED to visit, they couldn't.. shit kills me! My parents call me on the regular and I think back on all those times I was in junior high and high school trippin because my parents would be blowin up my phone.. now, I love it.

On a similar note, I keep remembering this part in a book I read by Sidney Poitier called The Measure of A Man. (He is mainly known for being the first black man to win an Academy Award, but he is also an incredible human being, read his book!). Anyway, he conveys in his book how.. in EVERYTHING that he does, even as an adult, he always takes into account what his mother and father would think of him. What/who he chooses to associate himself with, the types of acting jobs he would take up, he kept it in his mind that.. those were all representations of himself and his FAMILY. On top of that, coming from humble beginnings, he stayed humble, stayed compassionate, stayed true to himself and his roots despite the fame. What a powerful way to live. Since I been thinking about it.. I been trying to be real conscious about the way that I carry myself, the things/people I want to associate myself with and try to keep in the back of my head my family and what they would feel about my decisions.

Sometimes we get caught up in this whole independent shit, like we don't need anybody.... but family though.. they bring you back down to earth and humble you. Foreal. They known you since the day you were born. NO ONE else can say that about you, so respect, give time when it is needed and appreciate em!! life is too short to be bullshittin.

Dream beautiful and unusual
Wake up like everyday new to you



No comments: