CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Pharrell on Education

RVA Mag excerpt: Pharrell Williams Interview

And what Virginia meant to him?  “When I think about VA, I think about home, its the place that raised me and made me what I am, a huge influence. But at the same my heart always goes out to the effort of just making sure that education is much more readily available and accessible to the kids, because for whatever reason, everything in the world is based on perspective, and if your perspective is off, then probably most of your endeavors and your life will be too. So I think that there is a big disconnect there, in your education and how much it means to your future. I would like to make education the coolest thing there is, because it is the very means to your success, at least the way I have learned it.” 

I love it when people with so much influence (on our youth especially) realize what type of power they have.

And I couldn't agree more, knowledge is power.

Read the rest here.

No comments: