CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Saturday, September 4, 2010

On Men: I love funny guys...


Aside from the many things I love about men, I've concluded that one of the main things I cannot do without in my next relationship is HUMOR. And not that "I'm-gonna-giggle-at-everything-because-I'm-sprung-over-you" humor, but a dude who is universally known as "the funny guy".  I've dated two really funny ass guys in the past and it was never short of a good time every time we were together. And I'm not talking about guys who have to make sexual innuendos to be funny or have to make fun of other people in a harmful way to be funny, I'm talking about straight up goofy, happy go lucky dudes who love life enough to know that it's not that serious. I appreciate 'life of the party' types who aren't disrespectful &belligerent but their main concern is just make sure everyone has a good time. So despite us having to go our separate ways, I'll never forget these guys because they were just that funny. 

I think this quality is so important because sometimes, life gets too heavy that you NEED that person to keep things light and remind you just to laugh at it all. I think when the person you love can make you laugh everyday until your tearing up and can barely breathe, there is nothing better than that. And trust me, there are very few people in the world that I have come across that I have truly genuinely found really funny. I cherish those people especially since my dad and my brothers are some of the funniest people I know (I'm sure people who have met them can agree) that I can't imagine a life without some real humor.

So above all, learn how to laugh at life men. No girl wants an uptight dude who wants to fight every person that comes his way and doesn't know how to make my little cousins laugh when you come to family parties. Some girls may like the testosterone filled, all about their "swag" types, or those deep intellectual types, but none of that is fun to be around when you don't know how to laugh at anything.

1 comment:

double_B said...

but I bet you don't like funny looking guys.