CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sidenote.

Thank ya Jesus...today is an awesome day. Why? Because for a long time (2 years) I let my academics sit on the back burner despite the fact that I attended a prestigious university where academics should have been number one.

This summer, I didn't make myself work, I don't have a boyfriend and I didn't join a thousand different things to fill up my time to put on my resume. I simply devoted my time to school and actively learning (instead of answering emails on my BB or skipping class to do errands)... and for all those times I felt like maybe I wasn't smart enough to be here or having those days where I wonder how I got in to perform at the caliber that everyone around me is... Today I am reminded that I for damn sure deserve my diploma from UCLA. It's nothing insane but it's the little things like seeing a big fat A with a 95% on my Economics of Developing Countries midterm that really just make me want to slap myself for ever thinking I didn't work hard enough to get here. Sure it's just an A, everyone here gets A's REGULARLY (no joke), but when you've allowed other things become "more important" and you begin to settle for average... A's look like GOLD and are soooo much better than B's and C's.

Some people may not get how this feels like, but if you do, you know it feels damn good.

No comments: