CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 4, 2010



On some days, I feel ECSTATIC like this dude. I saw this on Vashtie's site and it made my day 10x even better than it already is. He is in pure, uninhibited joy and I wish that every person can allow themselves to let themselves be free like this and LOVE something that you feel it all through your body, and it just makes you want to DANCE! My dad often has these moments where he just can't help but love a song so much, he dances like a kid on his birthday. I LIVE for these moments.

Besides this, I am beginning to love the idea that no matter what, if you have a deep, genuine and unyielding APPRECIATION for the gift that is LIFE, your petty problems will slowly become minuscule.  True, the world is a fucked up place. I don't ever discount the struggle that people go through, it's reality and it hurts to the core sometimes. All you have to do is turn on the TV and you've got an endless series of bad news. Sometimes it is overwhelming and sometimes it all just makes you feel helpless. I used to feel this way in my classes in college, considering my major is International Development, I was bombarded with poverty, food insecurity, natural disasters, gender inequalities, you name it. But the upside of it all, is that when you truuuuly start to train your mind to be thankful and really appreciate every single day, the little things WE waste our time on mean so so so little and we can shift our focus to actually being good servants of Christ (or whoever you pray to), or good PRODUCTIVE members of society, or even simpler, just GOOD PEOPLE in general. Just appreciate every little thing, take some time to think of how blessed we are. How privileged so many of us are. The freedoms we have.  It's all in the bigger picture, and if you always keep that in mind, you're always going to know that YOU'RE LUCKY!

No comments: