CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Monday, April 12, 2010

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you NOT to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightening about shrinking so that other people won't feel unsure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone. As we let our own Light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. -Marianne Williamson

It's crazy what your own self-inflicted fear can do to you. It's much easier to run from things but what if that one thing you are running from is your own potential? There are many things about myself that I am sure of and a lot of kind things people think about me, but I often wonder if I am that capable of the things I only dream of in my head. I always remember one of my high school teachers who spoke with me on the last day of his class and told me proudly after saying his last goodbye, that he knew he'd read about me in the newspapers when I grew up.... It was one of the greatest compliments I'd ever received, because he believed in me THAT much. But now I wonder if I believe in ME that much and whether or not I'm smart/talented/brave enough as the greats I strive to be like....

Fear sometimes is the one that keeps some of the most amazing talents I know from being shared. As much as I love to push my own friends to pursue what truly makes them happy and are truly good at, I still come home at night wondering why I still haven't been able to push my OWN self to what I want to do.

Like everyone else, I fear if I'm strong enough sometimes to face all the things that come along with growing up. I fear my own success and when/if I'll ever make it.... I feel like ever since high school, I've set myself up to do all the right things and stayed on the straight path to ensure my success... thinking I had a fool proof plan of one thing after another to add to my resume of experience... but will it be enough? Is it enough?

Whatever it is, all I can do is trust in God, work my ass off and hope positive outcomes will begin to be set in motion.

xoxo


No comments: