CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Sunday, May 31, 2009

HUSTLE & LOVE DON'T MIXX.

Ever hear that saying that hustle&love don't mix? I heard it through a song by EyeAsage, and it is becoming more and more relevant to my life right now.

Next year (or the rest of this year for that matter) is gonna be an epic time for me and the things I devote myself to. With graduation just around the corner, summer internship grindin' @GOODmagazine, session A&C of summer school at UCLA, being President of my sorority, workin for $$ on the side... I have my work cut out for me. Fortunately, I've been blessed with opportunities that keep me passionate about the work that I do and make me want to get up everyday and do WORK. But next year, is so important to me that I want to be nothing less than FOCUSED. I want to be the best at what I do and keep progressing as an individual to bring out the best in everyone that I work with also. Especially for my sorority, like my big sis said, it has done SO much for me, that all I want to do is give back and do my best work while I still can.

To put it simply, I have a goal of where I want to see myself in a couple years and many people who I look up to and aspire to be like. && i've come to realize that for ME to function to the best of my capabilities, my HUSTLE and LOVE won't MIX. For me to be fully focused and DEVOTED to building my future and my SELF, I have to drop all the other distractions in my life and work relentlessly towards where I want to be at. Because while I'm stuck on the phone bullshittin answerin questions about why I didn't call you back, the rest of the world is gonna continue grindin and achievin without me. Not a good look.

I wish I gave myself this reality check a long time ago, it probably would have saved me a lot of bullshit in college. Sall good, never too late to change or to progress though right?

I just want to stay grindin, instead of talking about the past, I want to BUILD UP MY FUTURE. My parents work too damn hard to get me through school. I owe them that much to be GREAT at whatever I do, whatever it is.



& on another note, I think its time I let my SOUL grow being as single as I am nowadays. I want to fill my days up with reading the books that sit on my shelf waiting to be read. Design artwork for people who appreciate my work. Rekindle past friendships and strengthen new ones. Visit the Getty and all these amazing art museums in LA with my good friends just because we can. Shop on Melrose just to out my mind at ease for a couple hours. Go on starbucks runs and have sake bombs in the afternoon with my roommate.

... I want to grow into my own. I want to fall and know that I (me, myself &I) will be strong enough to pick myself up again. I want to be lonely (as crazy as it sounds) and be comfortable with ME. I want to be present & aware of my entire being and have NO ONE control the person that I am and the potential I have within me. I want PEACE, absolute PEACE, and contentment with the person GOD has made me. I want to take care of myself & NEVER let any man let me think that I didn't deserve to be treated like a QUEEN, (not a PRINCESS, in your terms).

Faith in God. It's all you need.

PEACE world!

No comments: