CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Saturday, April 25, 2009

rise above the bullshit.

Sometimes people ask me how it is being a founding mother of a sorority. I often have to think quickly to ensure that my answer will be able to fully convey to this person how I truly feel in this passing moment we are sharing.

To be really honest, much of how I feel about what I want to do in life career-wise, is really similar to how I feel about being a pledgemom and founding mother for Chi Delta Theta. I think that people should always do what makes them truly happy and fulfills their craving of finding purpose in the world. I often have these private moments where I look back on how far my sisters and I have come in establishing this organization at UCLA and seeing our Alpha Pledge Class, my kids, grow in heart mind & soul and I know that this is all meant to be in God's plan for my life.

After watching my girls today, I have seen their growth into confident, self-assured, positive young women who I have the honor of leading as their pledgemom. What was once a daunting and scary thing, has now become one of my proudest moments in life so far.

For anyone who has a dream and vision in life, I cannot begin to express in words how much I encourage people to go after what they want and to do it with passion & love. My days with the girls are not chores, it's the life I love and I've created for myself. I am so proud of myself and my sisters and everyone else around me for how far we've come. We can only keep reaching new heights from here and the thought of it excites the hell out of me.

I've been taught deeper lessons in responsibility, time management, integrity, respect, values, knowing oneself, trust, teamwork, compassion, sisterhood, love, and the list goes on.... just with my love in Chi Delta Theta. Life is truly what you make of it and I intend to make my life one of goal reachin, standard breakin, history makin type business.

I guess today just made me realize what I LOVE in life and what I want to make out of it.I really don't have time for much else outside of this, school and work. I strive for the BEST in everything that I do and I won't settle for less, as long as I can help it. God, I LOVE random bursts of motivation, I am READY FOR LIFE! Throw anything at me, I can handle it. Because everything I've been through has only made me STRONGER. financial beef, parents divorce, car accident, going through rehab learning how to walk again, withdrawing from school for a qtr, breakups&heartbreak...been through it all and I am stronger than I've EVER been!

2009, thank you for showing me what I deserve this year, for giving me the strength to LET GOD & LET GO, for the opportunities you've given me to SHINE.... it's only gonna get better from here. Trust.

No comments: