CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Sunday, March 29, 2009

thinking.

What up LA.

I'm sitting in my empty apartment, probably the emptiest and least chaotic it'll be for the rest of the quarter and I am finding peace in this solitude. I always have these reflective moments before the beginning of huge events/projects/times in my life and I'm so anxious for these next couple of weeks to unfold. Alot of work and time sacrificed has gone into what is about to unfold and I am just sitting here crossing my fingers and hoping that everything goes as I prepared for.

This quarter, I have a good, concise list of things that I hope to accomplish and I am certain a lot, if not all of it, will be accomplished if I master two things: time management & responsibility (aside from sheer motivation). I realize that a lot of things don't get done because of poor time management and what a shame it is to let time be wasted like that. I got thrown off a lot by the end of the quarter because of time spent wasted on petty discussions and other people's problems and my own lack of responsibility.. so I am hoping to make some huge changes in that area.

I also spent some time reading old blog entries from when I was in high school and first entered UCLA and I want to get back to that true grindin mentality. I sacrificed a lot back then but what I got back came back to me tenfold. I remember a quote I shared with my girls that... with everything that I do... if I am sacrificing so much to be able to do it, I have to make what I am doing worth what I am sacrificing. How much more true could it get??

I know that its easy to get discouraged by other people and the little, miniscule things people want to say, but I am teaching myself to shed myself of those kind of people and atmospheres. When I think back on all the time spent talking about petty things, it's a lot of time. And no one really has THAT much time to waste.

So I have high hopes for this next coming quarter and the rest of 2009. I just need to stay focused on the goals I set for myself and don't be deterred by anything that isn't helping to push me higher.

-CAM

No comments: