CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Friday, March 20, 2009

As a woman..

Sometimes I wonder what this all really means.
  • Should I have to apologize for being a woman who sets goals and reaches them?
  • Should I demand less because it is my job to care for everyone else but myself first and all I want in return is someone to take care of me?
  • Should I have to hide behind my opinion as a woman because some man doesn't think I am courageous enough to voice it?
  • Should I, as a woman, ever listen to a man that ever makes me think that I demand too much...respect. understanding. affection. thoughtfulness?
  • Should I, as a woman in a leadership position have to shut my mouth and lick the balls of someone who thinks that he knows more about me than myself?
  • Should I as a woman, HAVE to stop working because someone who was never been my friend in the first place wants to drag my name through the dirt?
  • Should I have to listen to people justify their empty opinions over a subject they know absolutely nothing about nor had the courage to pursue themselves?
  • Should I have to waste any more time questioning if every decision I've ever made for myself wasn't right from the very beginning?
  • Should I even waste any more time listening to people continue to judge other people who TRY and FAIL instead of people who never bothered to try at all?
  • Should I even listen to my truth being misconstrued just to save face for your inability to keep me around?
  • Should I EVER be ashamed because I am happy and I am because I allowed myself to be?
I will never.
If you don't know me already, I have a mind of my own that I exercise daily to make decisions for myself.
I don't need to be anywhere where I am not needed, wanted or appreciated... I will simply move on to more pressing issues that require my undivided attention.
I've never heard so many people speak so much about a group of committed, hardworking, passionate women who had the courage to step outside of the box to make a difference, let alone those who consider themselves gentlemen.
I am confident in myself, in my capabilities and truly do not need anyone critiquing me over something they have no clue how to go about themselves.
Wash your hands before you point any fingers at me or the women I do my business with.

No comments: