CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Friday, December 26, 2008

Cleaning = cleansing!

Whattup beautiful world!

The holidaze are in full swing & I am loving it. Annual Secret Santa was probably the best one to date. Christmas was magical, spent with the family, lots of laughs and all that good stuff. Got some pretty sweet gifts this year, probably my favorites of all time. From fashion/art coffee table books to Spanish language learning tools (finally!), to JAY-Z dvds & 60's documentaries and a $outhwest Airlines giftcard... basically little if any clothes this year and a lot of dope things I can read/watch/use to expand my knowledge of things I enjoy.

Today my bro and I went thrifting & there's no better feeling than that one good come-up! Today happened to be an old school B&W letterman type jacket. I've been searching for one lately and I haven't found the perfect one.. till TODAY & it was $15!

Speaking of money.... I've been doing some maaaaad clean up around my house before I move out and let me just say it felt soooo good. One of the main reasons is because I've been trying to simplify my life and cut down on that material ish. The more and more I clean and come across things I don't even touch, wear or even need, I realize how many hundreds of dollars & endless hours at work I've literally WASTED on material garbage that hasn't event played a part in advancing myself as a person. My $$ priorities were so out of whack from the moment I started working. So most def, my number one goal that I've started on is setting a foundation for myself financially, so that $$ won't be an issue for me as I start growing into my own. I want to be wise about it and make the right choices for myself so I can be better in the long run. I've been reading this really good book, Smart Women Finish Rich and it's been a great help in teaching me about what I VALUE in life and if my money is contributing to that (which before reading the book, IT WAS NOT!) I suggest other females to read the book & apply what you can to yourself because it's definitely something worth knowing about!!

Since I'm on this self-evaluation deal, my bro and I had a good talk today and he told me something his professor told him that at this age, we are in control and determine our own stock & our own worth, which I find to be so true. I've had to DIG DEEP to make some necessary changes in my life over the past six months and I am thankful for it. Some other key words in our conversation were ACCOUNTABILITY, RESPONSIBILITY & HUMILITY. As we get older, proper decision making is SO necessary. Sometimes there aren't any excuses for stupidity except the inability to make the right decisions... so MAKE THE RIGHT DECISIONS! Hah, I'm still def. learning from this bc our judgment gets twisted sometimes, but if I want to do something stupid, I have to hold myself responsible for ALL OF IT. I hate when people don't hold themselves accountable for thier mistakes, so I am definitely trying to make sure I do this in my own life....So thats that!

Btw, the COMMON cd is dope. I can listen to it the whole way through, def. worth a listen.

Positivity is a circular thang, keep it movin!!!

No comments: