CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Friday, November 7, 2008

stay elevated!




Happy Birthday to my big sis, MARY SABINO & LILY! Love you both, wish I could be there to celebrate. You both deserve the best and I am blessed to have met both of you. My life has definitely changed for the better with both of you in it! <3

Last night, Cartney Andrew and I went out to support Jerk at the 3rd Anniversary for ELEVATED held by Collective Purpose at the Eveoke Dance Theatre. Let me just saaaay, spoken word will ALWAYS be what I turn to when I need someone to FEEL ME or when I need to feel UPLIFTED. I loved all the talent last night and was so happy to be surrounded by positive energy and gooooood vibes. Especially being surrounded by African Americans and other fellow proud minorities after such a historical victory, you could imagine the ENERGY running through the room! The feature of the night was of Sekou the Misfit and Steve Connell, both members of the Hollywood Poetry Slam team and featured on Def Poetry Jam. Watch the video, they speak TRUTH...



Btw, for all my r&b lovin sistas, pandora.com is ON POINT with their Alicia Keys station. All the Mary J, Aaliyah, Keyshia & Sade a girl could want!!

No comments: