CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Sunday, November 23, 2008

On my mind today:
  • Define classy. The meaning seems to get more and more distorted nowadays.
  • "Do unto others as you would like others to do unto you"; "Respect & dignity"; "justice"; all things that were discussed in church today. So why do I feel so troubled as to why Prop 8 still stands?
  • I love psychedelic posters. The typography is RIDICULOUS.
  • LA will be a hard move come January. MANY changes will ensue, and I intend to change how I went about "college" my first two years. I feel like I kind of lost myself, but I'm back, fresh as new, and ready to actually have a backbone this time. College can do that to you somehow, make you realize you don't know yourself at all, but I've done my own sense of growing and self-discovery and I'll never go backwards. It makes me cringe actually. I'm different now.
  • In addition to the sixties books I got at the library, I also got this amazing illustrated biography on Nelson Mandela. I am so excited to start reading it.
  • "Wounds that can't be seen are more painful than those that can be seen and cured by a doctor. I learned that to humiliate another person is to make him suffer an unnecessarily cruel fate. I learned that courage was not the absence of fear but the triumph over it. I felt fear myself more times than I can remember, but I hid it behind a mask of boldness. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid but he who conquers fear.

    Where people of goodwill get together and transcend their differences for the common good, peaceful and just solutions can be found, even for those problems that seem most intractable." - Nelson Mandela in Reader's Digest

  • Happy Sunday everyone.

No comments: