CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Thursday, October 30, 2008

inspiration

Today I feel ALIVE & HAPPY.

I realize that in the ridiculous times we live in, there are SO many who relate, if not have it worse. It's a very uncertain time in America with an even more uncertain future but who ever said when times got tough, you just drop everything and quit? Certainly not anyone I know. We are all feeling the shithole that is our economy, but when the going gets tough, the tough get going. We just all gotta work with what we got, appreciate what we have and be positive that better days are before us.

Random thoughts after an afternoon at the mall. :)

1) My new obsession is buying used books on Amazon.com. I did this with three books last month and let me tell you, it is so worth it. The books I got were all in great condition and you literally save at LEAST $10 on each book! So if you constantly find yourself wanting to buy a gang of books at Borders, I would suggest searching them used first, you'll be surprised by how much you'll save!

2) Influence by Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen. Lookkkks interesting from everyone's reviews, I think I might want to purchase. I also ran into these scans of them in Hollywood Pinups by Timothy White. Check it.




3) Dropped by Macy's today & saw the Chinese Laundry Turbo Boot on SALE.. 40% off $100 when they sell them online for $130! I've been contemplating on getting these and one of the main reasons is because they are over the knee! And for anyone who knows me, I've been trying to find new and fashionable ways to hide my 7 inch scars from my accident. Peep the picture of Blake Lively wearing the Strate suede version on Gossip Girl! I think I'm gonna drop on em, perfect for winter!


4) PEGLEG.NYC just dropped their lookbook. Not too familiar with this brand but when I saw the lookbook and saw one of my FAVORITE females, Vashtie Kola, in it I had to share... If you don't know her, you really should.






5) & for final inspiration of the day, I love this photo from JAK &JIL. The Fringe Christian Louboutin Heels & Studded Gucci Boots are ridiculous. If I Was A Rich Girl.. la la laaa.

No comments: