CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Friday, June 20, 2008

coldplay/jackjohnson/johnmayer kind of day.

This summer is a lot different than most summers. Different in the sense where I don't have the crazy urgency to stay out late every night like I used to or feel rushed to have to squeeze in anyone's time with mine. It's been an independent summer to begin and I'm liking this. I am enjoying all the quiet moments I have to myself, to rest, to relax, to breathe easy. I enjoy all the moments I get to take in life at my own pace. I enjoy one on one days with specific people, whoever God may bring to me that day. I love the intimacy, of being in the presence of that one person and having all your attention being on what that one person has to say or feel. You can learn a lot from people that way... by observing, listening, absorbing, appreciating... it all goes hand in hand.

My circle of friends has grown smaller since I've been away but I pride myself on the quality of the ones that still remain close. My closest friends are the most hard working, intelligent, honest and genuine people I know... so I'm thankful for that. Always. It blows my mind how we've all grown since high school. Andrew is out to sea in God knows where, Melissa is just about to leave to move to San Francisco, Kenneth is leaving for Hawaii, Kimbaby is still in Georgia and I'm on rotation between SD & LA. DAMN, who would have ever known we would be taking these roads!

Anyway, life is beautiful, that is all I can say.

No comments: