CAMMILLE SANTOS.
cali girl with new york dreams and libra tendencies.
Lover of travel, coffee, writing, community service, fashion, dessert, humanity, culture, art and live music.

A snapshot of my daily moments and musings that bring me closer to my dreams.
& some visual imagery to soothe my creative side.

get at me: misscammille@gmail.com

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Thoughts 8.21.14

Sometimes when I think about life and how it often makes us harsh towards one another, I try to remind myself that we're all just trying. We're all just trying to keep it together, to be the best student/girlfriend/worker/daughter/friend/cousin/aunt etc that we can possibly be without letting anyone down. That alone gives me more compassion, towards myself and others.

Ever since Robin Williams passed, it truly made me stop and cherish everyone + everything around me. I really don't know what people are dealing with and people don't know what I'm dealing with, but I know that we're all trying really hard to keep it together.

And then you have moments where life will throw you curveballs that will require you to be tough as nails. I know they will happen and I've dodged quite a few already, but until then, I try to live my life as light as possible & try to surround myself with solid people and try not to let too much get to me.

Life can be so short and we never know what is going to happen next, but we can control our outlook moment to moment. We're lucky enough to have our basic freedoms .. and that alone makes everything feel trivial.

& Sometimes I let the past get to me and it eats me up... but I try to tell myself that life goes on. I wish It wasn't always so heavy but I know there's reason + meaning to everything. All you can control is today and this day forward. I hope we all live it with kindness + compassion. You seriously just never know so I'd rather try really hard to live in light.


No comments: